The number of golf members at clubs today is falling. As a result, the pressure is on to arrest the slide by replacing resigned members with new ones.
In a competitive marketplace, with ever increasing demands on people’s time and money, a more refined and pro-active approach to new member recruitment is needed – starting at the beginning of the process by generating membership leads.
This course looks at that subject in relation to a golf club business and examines the tactics that can be employed to increase inbound membership activity.
Section 1 – Membership Leads
– Membership Doom & Gloom!
– Membership v’s Green Fee Revenue
– Prospects & Leads
– Three Core Focuses to a Successful Membership
– Profiling Golfers
– Internal Sources of Membership Leads
Section 2 – Data Collection
– The Importance of Data Collection
– Techniques for Collecting Visitor Data
– What to Fill in
– Overcoming Staff and Customer Objections
– What Data to Collect
– Making Staff Accountable for Data Collection
Section 3 – Appraising Your Existing Membership
– Analysing Your Current Membership
– Membership Categories
– Pricing Review
– Benefits & Privileges
– The Membership Benefits Matrix
– Payment Options
– Contract Lengths
– What do New Members Take Away?
Section 4 – Member Referrals
– The Benefits of Referral Marketing
– The Key to Successful Referrals
– Popular Referral Promotions
– Encouraging Member-Guest Play
– Point-of-Sale Referrals
Section 5 – Marketing in the Community
– The Essential Ingredient – Part 1
– The Essential Ingredient – Part 2
– Reaching Out to the Community
– Successful Community Marketing Initiatives
– Getting the Word Out
Section 6 – Membership Promotions & Initiatives
– What is a Membership Promotion Trying to Achieve?
– Addressing Member Perceptions
– Proven Successful Membership Promotions
– Membership Lead Generation Initiatives
Section 7 – Advertising Media
– Advertising to our Data
– Advertising to Potential New Members
– Purchasing & Creating Databases
– Seven Times to Exhaustion
– Advertising Timing